TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Understand your concern over recouping your cost.....
People Seeking Info

Subject Understand your concern over recouping your cost.....

Posted by Greg D. (Specialty-Z) on October 07, 2009 at 1:15 PM
  This message has been viewed 756 times.

In Reply To Unfortunately they will never be produced... posted by CaliguyPurdue (Selin Design) on October 07, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Message It is still a possibly to have enough interested to pay the price it would take to recover the cost, the problem is more how many can you sell before someone copies your design?
These days all your effort only allows you to break even at best and then someone else profits from your hard work.
I am struggling with this right now on a new item I want to release soon.......
One thought I had was to try a large group buy before the product is ready, only go forward if you can sell enough units to cover the cost. If you can get enough interest to cover the cost then go forward with the project. If you can not you would have to scrap the project. This way your not gambling and the public still has a chance for a new great product to come out.
If the product was a go you would not want to release any product until you could fill all the orders that cover the cost. This way you still have time to make some money on your design before it gets copied.
Just a thought.......The public would have to ask for the product with there wallet.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.